Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Maintaining is better than gaining.

September and I aren't friends. Plain and simple. 

Last week of August/first few days of Sept: A was sick, so I was running around after him and not taking care of myself. Should have been doing both, because...
First week: I was sick. A was back at work, so I had to look after myself.
Second week: Y'know how it goes, women get a bit fickle once a month, and I gained 500g.
Third week: Lost that 500g, back to 87kg. Uni was full on, no time to devote to me.
Fourth week: No movement at the station whatsoever. Uni and work both full on. Keep breaking promises to myself to meal plan. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight and tomorrow night.

Uni is only going to get busier, there's only two and a half weeks to go. I'm not snacking like I used to when stressed, I'm not eating - the polar opposite. This is not good for my metabolism at all. I'm lucky if I can consume the daily minimum adult intake of 1200 calories.


I'm hoping this will change though once I'm back to meal planning and general planning. We have a monthly whiteboard calendar that I haven't updated since June. Fail. Who's life is so busy they can't even do that?!

So, I need to make friends with October. It's only 4 days away, and in the 31 days that is October, I want to lose 4kgs to make my September/October 5kg goal.


My plan for October:

 - Get a big calendar from uni to blu-tac to the wall in front of my desk so I can see what needs to be done and by when (uni deadlines, work deadlines, other activities)

- Get a new weekly planner calendar from kikki.K so we can keep up with what's going on weekly

- Meal plan. Meal plan. Meal plan. 

- Keep the monthly whiteboard calendar up to date (need to do this Friday or Saturday for the new month approaching)

- Find the time to love me and dedicate time to exercising


Interestingly, last week or the week before, I started reading for recreational purposes. What did I start reading? I started reading a book that I asked for and received for my 21st birthday. Now, I'm 7 candles more than those I blew out on my 21st, but I have never read this book properly. I would always lose interest about 40 pages in. I'm now over 100 pages in. What's the book, I hear you ask? French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Giuliano. I suspect, though I thought I was at the time, I was never ready until now to read this book.
It's not condescending, there is no diet per se, just some neat tricks.
I'm going to go through it tonight and check it out for some recipes next week, too.


Anyway, it's time for me to head to uni. Two and a half more weeks, two and a half more weeks. Then, four months of holidays and me time. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment