Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday 31 August 2012

The end of my first 2 month challenge

Morning all. This post comes to you at a time that should otherwise be occupied by assignment writing, especially seeing as how it is due in 7 hours and 47 minutes. However, today is 31 August 2012, the final day in my first weight loss goal - 5kg loss in 2 months - so I feel I should report in.

It was touch and go for the last two weeks, particularly seeing as how I didn't register a loss on 22 August. That's it, I was toast. I reevaluated and set myself the goal of getting within one kilo of the 88kg goal.
Ordinarily, I would have reported my success of Weigh In Wednesday, but as today was just two days later, I thought I could hold it over. Weigh In Wednesday was quite successful this week, weighing in at 89kg. You little ripper! I did it! I weighed in under 90kg. This was a monumental day indeed!


As today is the the last day of the first goal challenge, I decided to do something I wouldn't usually do: I stepped on the scales, with great trepidation I might add, for the second time this week. I called to A to come and check what I was seeing. Sure enough, EIGHTY EIGHT KILOGRAMS! I DID IT! I reached my goal! Never mind the current puzzled state of the grey matter - how the heck did I lose one kilo in two days!? - I succeeded. I did something else that I thought I wouldn't do.
Today marks:


  • 5kg lost over winter from 1 July to 31 August 2012
  • 10kg lost since 18 April 2012
  • The first time in almost 2 years since I have been under 90kg
  • And something else but I really can't remember
To say I'm happy is slightly underrated!

All in all, I'd say this week has been somewhat of a relative success: noticeable changes in measurements, weight loss, and my A is almost over his bout of sickness that has rendered him helpless the last two days.
Apologies there are no pictures today, but it really is time that I get to finishing this assignment! No doubt there will be pictures on the next entry showing our costumes from the 70s party we're off to tomorrow night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment