Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday 7 July 2012

It's been one week...

Someone should write a song called 'One Week', they might make a bit of money out of that. Oh wait, they already did. Damn you, Barenaked Ladies.


Well, it's been a week since I started this little blog. Eight days technically seeing as how I started it last Saturday, but who's counting?
Yesterday is the only day I haven't made an entry, and that's because I really had nothing to say.



Today my appetite really seemed to return to me. I wasn't eating anything and everything, but I was able to finish every meal I ate today - yay, go me! If you're following me on MyFitnessPal, you'll see that my calorie intake has not been up to scratch the last few days, and then today it sky rocketed. Meh. Not beating myself up. A little annoyed though at the fact that 6 cocktail pastizzis (6 just fill me, 4 would have me still being hungry and looking for sugary goodn-, I mean sugary evilness) is 702 calories (though I guess that is to be expected with pastry products). I even had ice cream tonight. But you know what, life happens, and you just keep going. While I may have consumed 1,765 calories, which is 565 more than I am aiming for, I just don't make a habit of it, and I make sure that if it is going to happen, I make sure there is enough time for exercise.
Today I made the simple mistake of breaking my appointment with myself to exercise because I was too busy and too engrossed in my work.


lizziesjourneytoweightloss
Found that little pearler on Pinterest. Need to print it out and stick it somewhere I can see it when I'm working. Too bad my desk is set up in the middle of the room!


To try and compensate for the high intake today, I'm going to walk twice tomorrow: once in the late morning after taking A to work, and then again in the early evening with my girlfriend, M.


On to the delicious and repeatable offender of today: Lamb with Spicy Chickpeas
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Seriously, this was super tasty. We didn't put the Moroccan seasoning on though, I didn't buy it, but you know what, I don't think it needed it. We enjoyed the chops just as they were with a little salt to taste, and boy oh boy, it was tasty! Here's my plate:



Lamb & Spicy Chickpeas
It's really not even that spicy at all. I think next time round there might be a bit more experimenting. Such a very tasty dish though. We're having it for dinner tomorrow night too because the recipe serves 4, so there's leftovers! Yay! Not to mention the fact that we're using things from our freezer (the lamb chops) that have been in there for a very long time.


Tomorrow is meal planning day! I really look forward to meal planning day, and funnily enough, I really look forward to cooking as well! Shock, horror. It makes shopping day easy too.


Right, time for me to head to bed. Another busy-ish day tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment