Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday 5 July 2012

If it ain't broke, don't fix!

Day 2 of tonsillitis, though I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday.


Had a really good day food wise - my first day without sugary sweets! I really thought about having ice cream, but it would have put me 44 calories over my daily intake, and as I don't have the energy to be moving about a great deal, I thought against it. Have I missed it? Absolutely NOT. Weaning is the key! haha. That doesn't mean that I'm never going to have it, I just know to have it in moderation (which I have always known, but ice cream is my weakness). And, believe it or not, I would much prefer to have ice cream in winter than summer!


Tonight's dinner was a Lean Cuisine meal. It was delicious.
Last week, when A and I went to do the grocery shopping, I knew I wouldn't want to cook dinner for myself when he was at work tonight and tomorrow night, so I went with a healthy frozen meal that I knew was tasty - Lean Cuisine. I was scouring the shelves for my favourite steamed Atlantic salmon and veges. I couldn't find it. I tried to see if the perishables staff had overfilled its out of stock spot, but there wasn't even a shelf label. I found it impossible to believe that it was a completely deleted line and figured that it mustn't have been a good seller at our local Woolies. Oh well, I can always check another. Or so I thought.
Talking to my girl RM today I learned a horrible, horrible thing: Lean Cuisine took our favourite meal from their shelves! I hadn't had it for a few years, and I'm guessing this is a good thing. RM told me today they changed the recipe, put it back on the market, had exceptionally bad feedback and pulled it altogether. Like today's title says, if it ain't broke, don't fix!

Also today, as there was no energy to do anything, I emailed a place in Koh Samui we're interested in staying, and it's quite possible that we will be booking in there!
Asked a friend, AJ, who recently stayed in Thailand (and it was a photo on her Facebook profile that set our minds on Thailand) for some pointers on where to go, what to see etc. so I've had my eyes opened a bit.
And, putting it out there - although I am a self-confessed nerd, it turns out my geography of South-East Asia is pretty poor. I had no idea River Kwai was in Thailand, I thought it was in Cambodia. No, I've never seen the film. So, best I brush up on my SE Asian geography before we go holidaying. Good thing I've got 12 months up my sleeve!



Time for bed now, almost an hour past my bedtime!

1 comments:

Helen Williams said...

You sleep well hun lm off to la la land too Get well xx Helen :)

Post a Comment